Friday 29 August 2014

What summer's all about!

   Hi guys!

 I just got back from my summer vacation and I've been thinking a lot about what summer means to me.

 This summer was expected to be a very special one, considering that I only recently graduated from high school and turned 18. Ever since I was 13 I dreamed of what my life would be like after finally becoming an adult. I would be free from school, free from the pressure of my family, free to make my own choices. No rules, no boundaries.

 I'm not going to lie, I still think that's what being an adult is all about.  Maybe it's because this is so new to me. Suddenly I'm able to do so much more than I ever was allowed to and I'm the only one who can decide for my future. There's a whole different life waiting ahead. But it all starts with this summer doesn't it?

 Most people my age spent this first summer after graduation partying wildly. Sure, doing all the things you weren't supposed to do until now, just cause you can, sounds great! But in this outburst of breaking all the rules and being lost into this new found sense of freedom, you forget the true purpose and meaning of summer.

 Summer has a different, special meaning to each person. Your idea of summer consists of all the things about it that make you happy or the things that you most distinctly remember from your childhood. For some, summer is the smell of sunscreen and the laughter of children playing by the sea. For others, summer represents drinks with small umbrellas and the sound of the waves filling the air.

To me summer is:
-Endless sunshine.
-Swimming as much as I can.
-Breathtaking sunsets.
-Eating a different flavor of ice-cream every day.
-Hanging out with friends I haven't seen in a while.
-Staying up late.
-Taking photos by the hundreds!
-Constantly thinking of my boyfriend.<3
-Bright colors all around!
-Stargazing.
-Water fights!
-Singing on the beach at night.
-Travelling to new places.
-Those long afternoon walks.
-Sketching and Drawing.
-Beach volleyball.
-Playing card games.
-Summer festivals!
-Reading books.
-That jacket I brought along but never wore.

Even though summertime has to end eventually, it always stays in your heart and you find that it's all those simple things that make it special and make the wait for the next summer worthwhile.

So, what's summer for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment