My birthday is about a week away and so I decided that this post should be about ways in which one can enjoy this special day as much as he/she can.The reason why birthdays are so great is because they're the one day of the year when everything can be about you. You can get people to do anything you want, annoy them as much as you can and still get presents in return. Birthdays can be a perfect excuse to act like a queen or a dark lord and treat everyone as your personal slave. Not to mention you can get away with almost anything (Please refrain from murdering anybody though).
But for me, birthdays are not supposed to only be celebrated for the sake of your personal happiness
your parents, who brought you into this world and raised you into the wonderful person you are today.
your siblings, who fought with you almost every day, but also made your life more interesting and eventful.
your friends, who accepted you the way you are and stood by you when you faced difficult times.
your boyfriend/girlfriend, who made you feel special and loved and made your world a brighter place with just a smile.
...and well, the rest of the family who sent you a lot of money this year.
So, anyway, without further ado, here is a list of things that will make your birthday more awesome!
1. Wake up early: Start the celebrations as early as possible so that you can enjoy your special day to the fullest.
2. Take the day off: Celebrate your birthday properly and focus on making yourself happy. Take the day off of work or school, cancel everything on your schedule and just relax.
3. Have breakfast with your family, friends or boyfriend/girlfriend: Starting your day by eating breakfast with your loved ones is a great way to make it more special.
4. Go shopping: Invite your friends to go shopping and treat yourself to some amazing presents without having to worry
5. Go on a picnic: A picnic can be much more fun than you had ever imagined it would be. Prepare sandwiches, pack small cartons of juice, water bottles and fruit and invite your friends to the park. Don't forget to call that one person who plays the guitar (who might coincidentally be you) to add to everyone's entertainment.
6. Go on a trip: A really fun way to celebrate your birthday is by planning a day trip with your family, significant other or a couple of friends. Embark on a fun adventure and drive to a place that you have never visited before.
7. Bake cookies: Baking cookies is always something that can cheer you up and give you a chance to express your creativity. That and the fact that they're so damn tasty!
8. Donate money to charity: Doing something nice for other people can really make you feel happier and more motivated.
9. Have your parents cook your favorite meal for lunch or dinner: For me, there is no greater way to express your affection than to cook me my favorite meal on my favorite day of the year.
10. Have a long and luxurious bath: Take your time and relax in the bath-tub. Light up some candles, play relaxing music and think about how you're going to spend the rest of your day.
11. Watch old family videos: Gather your family, friends and boyfriend/girlfriend and watch videos from the time when you were a child. I guarantee there will be times that you'll get embarrassed but everyone will have lots of fun watching you being goofy.
12. Have a party: One of the most classic and exciting ways to celebrate your birthday. Decorate the house, buy drinks and snacks, turn on the music, call your friends and let the fun begin!
14. Make a small dinner for your loved ones: If you don't feel like going out and you're looking for another way to celebrate with only people who are really close to you, then this is the best choice for you. Cook a lovely dinner for them and show your appreciation for the care and attention that they have given you all these years.
15. Have a romantic dinner with your boyfriend/girlfriend: If you are a hopeless romantic like me, then spending quality time with your boyfriend/girlfriend is one of the best ways to celebrate your special day. Candles, romantic music, a lovely meal (which I recommend cooking together with him/her) and your significant other at the other end of the table compose a perfect evening.
16. Have a sleepover: Invite your best friends to stay over, rent a movie, make some popcorn and order take out and you're all set for a night of immeasurable fun.
Don't forget to:
1. Organize your day beforehand: Don't try to make everything go according to a plan (because if something goes wrong you will end up feeling disappointed), but make sure to write down a small list of things that you'd like to do on your birthday. This way you'll avoid having to organize everything at the last minute.
2. Get plenty of sleep: On the night before your birthday, go to sleep rather early so that you can have lots of energy to celebrate the next day.
3. Take lots of pictures: Your birthday is a day for making happy memories with your loved ones. Taking pictures will allow you to preserve them for years to come.
4. Don't worry about your weight: Worrying about gaining weight will keep you from fully enjoying your day. For once, take your mind off of dieting and let yourself eat anything you want.
5. Try something new: Avoid doing the same things again this year and try something different (like make your own birthday cake for example).
6. Don't let anyone spoil your day: This is a very important day for you, so naturally you don't want to have to deal with any party spoilers. If someone tries to ruin everything for you, either ignore them completely or have someone else deal with the problem for you.
As for my birthday, I am planning to do a few of the things listed above, such as: baking cookies, having a small dinner with my family and boyfriend (I'll have them prepare my favorite dish, of course), then watching old family videos (from my first trip to Disneyland when I was 4 years old - I'm talking major embarrassment.) and maybe a movie after that. As you can see I'm a person who prefers to stay at home with family and friends than spend the night out partying.
If you liked this post, please share it.
Feel free to comment down below with your own ideas and suggestions on this topic.
Thanks for reading!
And Happy Easter!