Wednesday 24 June 2015

Chocolate & Orange Bundt Cake!

Hey guys! :)

My grandma is visiting for a few days. She's an amazing cook, so I thought I'd seize the opportunity to learn something from her and then write about it here to share the knowledge with all of you.

We made a Chocolate & Orange Bundt cake.


















For this recipe you will need:
Self-rising flour: 500 gr.*
Sugar: 2 cups
Butter: 250 gr.(at room temperature)
Eggs: 4 (medium or large)
 Milk: 1 cup
Orange Juice: 1 cup
Zest from one large orange
 Chocolate: 1/2 of a bar (preferably semisweet chocolate)
(Or you can use 4 tablespoons of cocoa powder)
Vanilla Extract: 2 tablespoons
(Or 1 vial of vanilla powder, for those of you who live in Greece)
Salt: 1/2 of a teaspoon
Olive oil: 1 teaspoon

*If you don't have any self-rising flour available, you can make some yourself. You'll need: 1 cup of all-purpose flour, 1.5 teaspoon of baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Just whisk the ingredients together until blended.


Preparation in 15 Steps:

1. Gather your ingredients and cooking utensils. Organise your station to save space.

2. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C (350 F) for 15 minutes.

3. Melt the chocolate using a double boiler or a microwave.

4. Take a large bowl and mix the sugar and butter with an electric mixer at medium speed until it becomes fluffy.

5. Add the salt.

6. Add the eggs one at a time as you continue mixing. 

7. Gradually add flour to the mixture using a tablespoon. 

8. Slowly start adding the milk.

9. Add the vanilla extract (or vanilla powder) and keep mixing the ingredients until the batter is smooth and starts forming small bubbles.

10. Divide the mixture evenly into two bowls. In one of the bowls add the orange juice and orange zest, while in the other bowl, add the melted chocolate (or the cocoa powder) and stir both until the mixture is well blended.

11. For this step you'll need your bundt pan. Pour the teaspoon of olive oil in it and use a small cooking brush to spread it evenly into the pan (As an alternative you can also use butter to prepare the pan). First pour the orange batter into the pan and spread it evenly around the bottom. 

12. Next, add the chocolate batter on top of the orange batter.

13. Put the pan in the oven and bake for about 45 min. to 1 hour. Insert a toothpick in it (in the center), and if it comes out clean then the cake is ready.

14. Take the cake out of the oven and let it cool down for 30 minutes.

15. Enjoy the cake!!


Personal Comments:
  I am not an expert in cooking or baking, but I gave it my best and enjoyed the whole process a lot. I also enjoyed eating it, as the final result was delicious!
  I would have liked to provide pictures of the preparation of the cake, but I didn't come up with the idea of posting this recipe on my blog until after the cake was put in the oven. I'll make sure to be more prepared the next time I decide to post a recipe, which I hope will be really soon.
  

I hope you enjoyed reading this post and that you will attempt to recreate this recipe.
If you'd like for me to continue posting recipes, please let me know in the comment section, along with your suggestions on recipes you'd like me to try (keep in mind that I'm a beginner though).

Thanks for reading!

Love,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment